My friends and I are not fond of trekking or climbing mountains but last April, we found ourselves at the crater of Mt. Pinatubo. Funny how I said that but yes if we were to choose between beach or mountain, we’d choose the former without hesitation. The catch is, we really wanted to see the crater and how magnificent it is in person so we had no choice! LOL
It may be an overused phrase but yeah, once you get to see it in real life, you’ll gonna say it is indeed a beautiful disaster. You have to see the photos I took which did not do justice by the way because it’s a lot better when you see it with your own eyes. I tell you, it’s worth the 30-45 minutes bumpy and dusty 4×4 ride and 2-3 hours of trekking.
READ: TAAL VOLCANO HIKE
1. DIY or Hire a travel and tours agency?
I personally would recommend the latter as you and your friends can no longer worry about the transportation, environmental fees, food, etc. We only paid 1,800-2,000 Php for the whole day tour and that includes everything.
2. The Bamboo stick/crane is helpful especially when the terrain is steep and also when going down. It’s only 20 Php.
3. Do not bring too many items in your bag. Your money, camera, towel, sunglasses, sunscreen, plus snack and your water bottle are the only things you need. You can leave your other stuff in the van (only if you are part of a travel agency tour which is very convenient)
4. What about snacks? It’s best to bring easy to pack foods like trail mix, granola, or energy bars.
5. Make sure you get a good night’s sleep the day before. Since we are on a day tour, we left for Tarlac at around 12mn or 1 am then arrived at around 5:30 am. We started by 6:00 or 6:30 am after we had a briefing with our tour guide. Imagine you’ll be awake for almost the whole day so it’s best that your body is in good condition.
6. Day tour or Overnight?
If you do not have time, then you can definitely do Mt. Pinatubo trek in just one day like a weekend getaway. Some do overnight stay the day before the trek but personally, it’s not needed.
7. Bring extra clothes. You’d most likely to change your clothes after you get back to Capas. There are available rental showers there (50 Php) so make sure you bring toiletries with you as well.
[one_half padding=”0 5px 0 5px”][/one_half][one_half_last padding=”0 5px 0 5px”][/one_half_last]
Have you been to Mt. Pinatubo too? Share your stories below!
Lifestyle Content Creator + Creative Entrepreneur
Subscribe to receive freebies, news & promos directly in your inbox
Join the Mailing List and you'll gain access to freebies you can download that you can use for your blog + biz!